FIRST RESPONDERS NIGHT, PRESENTED BY TURTLE WAX, SLATED FOR APRIL 16
The Chicago Wolves and Turtle Wax are teaming up to show appreciation for Chicago-area first responders. In addition to proclaiming April 16 as First Responders Night, the Wolves and Turtle Wax are supporting first responders and their families via an interactive social media campaign. Visit the @TurtleWax account on Twitter and retweet the pinned message at the top that reads: “If this tweet reaches 2,000 retweets before April 16, we’ll donate $25,000 to the @Chicago100Club #TurtleWaxCARes.”
THE LONG ROAD HOME
The Wolves have 3 more road games on tap this week to conclude a stretch of games which has the team playing 10 of 12 away from home. By the time Sunday rolls around, the Wolves will have visited Grand Rapids, Charlotte, Iowa (twice), Rockford, Lake Erie and Manitoba over the course of a month.
READING TO SUCCEED
When the Wolves finally return home, they’ll have a little time to spread out across the Chicago area for “Read To Succeed” appearances at local public libraries. Rookie defensemanJordan Schmaltz will visit Tinley Park and Orland Park on Wednesday, Feb. 24. Forward Evan Trupp will hit Fox Lake and Antioch on Thursday, Feb. 25, while defenseman Scooter Vaughan goes to Elk Grove Village the same day.
Thursday, Feb. 11
at Lake Erie Monsters
Quicken Loans Arena
Saturday, Feb. 13
at Manitoba Moose
Sunday, Feb. 14
at Manitoba Moose
Visit ChicagoWolves.com for broadcast schedule, or to watch or listen to the action live online
• Danny Kristo: Has been a force on the road this season, leading the team with 24 road points (14G, 10A) in 23 games … The numbers show that 77 percent of KRISTO’s points (24 of 31) have been produced on the road, as well as 14 of his 16 goals … Not surprisingly, KRISTO’s biggest single-game performances also have taken place on the road. There were back-to-back overtime game-winners in San Antonio (Nov. 6 and Nov. 8), 2-goal efforts versus Lake Erie (Feb. 9), Charlotte (Jan. 22) and Rockford (Dec. 30), and a 3-assist game against Iowa (Jan. 26).
• Eriah Hayes: Generated the game-winning goal Friday in Iowa, tucking a shot between the pads of Jeremy Smith and the near goal post to extend the Wolves’win streak at the Wells Fargo Center to nine games … The last two goals from HAYES (both coming at Iowa) have occurred with less than five minutes left in regulation –at the 16:20 and 15:30 marks on Feb. 5 and Jan. 15, respectively … The Wolves are 5-1-0-0 when HAYES scores a goal.
• Chris Butler: Supplied the Wolves’lone goal in a 5-1 loss to Iowa on Saturday, ripping a slap shot that found the back of the net just before the second period expired. In the process, BUTLER recorded his third goal of the season, matching a personal season-high set last year in St. Louis … The eighth-year pro has been a staple on the blue line for the Wolves, ranking among the team’s ice time leaders … The St. Louis native is also 1 of 4 Chicago blueliners with double-figure assists (12), joining Andre Benoit (21), Jordan Schmaltz (20), and Peter Harrold (19).
• Forward Jeremy Welsh is 2 points shy of 100 for his AHL career. WELSH is looking to join six teammates in the AHL Century Point Club: Andre Benoit (199), Pat Cannone (190),Peter Harrold (125), Danny Kristo (123), Ty Rattie (115) and Jordan Caron (104).
• The Wolves suffered just their second overtime loss of the season Tuesday night in a 3-2 setback at Lake Erie. Chicago has played 12 overtime games this year, resulting in 6 overtime wins, 2 overtime losses, 2 shootout wins and 2 shootout losses, which equates to a .667 winning percentage.
WOLVES REWIND (1-1-1-0)
Tuesday, Feb. 9
(at) Lake Erie 3, Chicago 2 (OT)
• Chicago saw two different leads slip away as Lake Erie scored 1:14 into overtime at Quicken Loans Arena
• Jordan Binnington made 26 saves in the loss
Saturday, Feb. 6
Iowa 5, (at) Chicago 1
• The Wild scored 4 goals in the opening period to set the tone for the win at Allstate Arena
Friday, Feb. 5
Chicago 2, (at) Iowa 1
• Chicago scored twice in the third period for its ninth straight win at Wells Fargo Arena
• Jordan Binnington posted a season-high 39 saves to earn the win