Skip to content

Acts of Service Virtual Edition – Brought to you by Gratitude Generation

The Chicago Wolves, in partnership with Gratitude Generation, are delighted to bring Chicago Wolves Acts of Service to you right now! Our first virtual Act of Service was a success and we are grateful to all who participated! We have another awesome virtual Act of Service this month that you can do right from your home again! Gratitude goes a long way. During these unique times, here is an opportunity to help others and have fun while doing it!

The mission of Chicago Wolves Acts of Service is to empower people to give back through various acts of gratitude. Charitable causes are near and dear to the Chicago Wolves organization and fans. We are thrilled to continue our partnership with Gratitude Generation and to be able to offer this unique experience during this time.

Virtual Act of Service for June 2020

Throughout the month of June, the Chicago Wolves invite you to send letters/cards/artwork to the kids of Camp I Am Me.

What is Camp I Am Me? It is an Illinois Fire Safety Alliance-sponsored program, unique in that it serves young people who have suffered a burn injury. These kids look forward to attending the camp every summer because it allows them to be around others who have dealt with a similar trauma. They are in a loving environment with everyone from camp counselors and volunteers to fire department personnel to corporations looking to give then an experience they won’t forget.

A Message from the Illinois Fire Safety Alliance: “As you are aware, each year we host our weeklong camp for children that are survivors of burn injuries: Camp I Am Me. No other IFSA program has received greater attention from the fire service, medical community, general public and the media than burn camp. As announced several weeks ago, it was with great sadness that we had to cancel this year’s “physical” camp due to the pandemic. However, we will now be hosting Camp “I Am Me” virtually! As part of this, all 70+ campers will be receiving a camp-in-a-box to allow them to participate in many of these interactive sessions by providing them the supplies they would normally have available to them at camp!”

This is where we need your help! Your kind letters and artwork will be included in the camp-in-a-box! Let’s reach out to these kids to show them how much we are thinking of them and how much we care!

All letters/cards/notes or art should be able to fit in a letter-sized envelope and need to be at the IFSA office prior to Monday, June 22, in order to be included in the Camper Boxes. Please be sure all notes are uplifting, simply letting them know we’re thinking of them and that we wish them well!

We are hoping to see at least 100 letters so each camper box will have at least one. If we receive more than this we will happily include multiple letters in the boxes!

Please mail your letters/cards/artwork to:

Phil Zaleski
606 W Burning Tree Lane
Arlington Heights, IL 60004

Submit a photo of your service project or of you working on your service project below and you will receive recognition, a Chicago Wolves hero cape AND a free membership to the Chicago Wolves Acts of Service Club to get a first look at next season’s events!

We look forward to seeing your work and to seeing you at future Chicago Wolves Acts of Service events!

Acts of Service

• Accepted file types: jpg, jpeg.
    Please upload your photo as a .jpg file with a max file size of 5MB.

MAY 2020 Gallery – SENDING SMILES TO SENIORS