These commemorative jerseys were available to own through a variety of initiatives, including silent and blind auctions, as well as a golden ticket raffle. Proceeds benefitted Chicago Wolves Charities, driven by Kia, and mental health awareness-related charities including Erika’s Lighthouse, Same Here Global and others.
A semi-colon through the lens of mental health is a symbol of solidarity between those of us who live and struggle with a mental illness or who have lost someone to suicide. The semi-colon is used by many to demonstrate their winning battle against all odds. It is a perfect and constant reminder that their story isn’t over!
- Green: international symbol for mental health awareness
- Gray: borderline personality disorder
- Lime green: childhood depression
- Teal: dissociative disorder, OCD, PTSD, schizophrenia
- Orange: ADHD
- Lilac or periwinkle: eating disorder
- Black & White: bipolar disorder
Phrases in Green Stripes
You are not alone; There is Hope; It is OK to not be okay; End the Stigma; You are enough; You matter; Be kind to your mind