DATE OF RACE: SATURDAY, OCT. 17
Calling all Wolves in the wild — no matter where in the world you are — to join us for the first Run With The Wolves Virtual 5K! We’re bringing the pack together virtually to give back to the community — all while running on your own turf. Proceeds from every registration benefit Chicago Wolves Charities.
It’s up to you to decide how you want to race! Run…walk…rollerblade…whatever you like best. Want your dog to race with you? Go for it! Pick your favorite route, set up your mobile running application to track your results and go! Submit your results to us on Saturday, Oct. 17. Be sure to share with us and the rest of the pack on social media using #RunWithTheWolves5k. Racers who use this hashtag are automatically entered in raffles to win exclusive prizes!
But this race isn’t just for fun and to help Chicago Wolves Charities. It’s also an opportunity to run for a cause, a movement, a friend, the memory of a loved one or anything else that inspires you. On your official Run With The Wolves race bib (which you’ll download after registering), write who or what you’re running for.
We also want to reward runners who go all-out to make this experience great. Send in your pictures for a chance to win prizes in the following categories (and bonus prizes provided by Scooter Vaughan and Isospec) :
- Most Chicago Wolves Spirit
- Most scenic race route
- Most creative racing style
- Family Runs
- Team/Company Runs
- Dog/Runner Combo
- Dirtiest Run: Did you endure rain? Mud? Sand? Hail?
- Superhero: Honor your heroes while sporting a superhero look!
- Pink-out: Best pink costume to show support for breast cancer survivors during Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Parent Run: Sharing your run with your toddler in a stroller
- Youngest/Oldest runners
- Farthest: How far away are you from Allstate Arena? Hundreds of miles? Thousands of miles?
- Kids 1K prizes: Every kid who races at least 1K is entered in a raffle with three winners
RACE REGISTRATIONS & DONATIONS
Choose from two types of registrations including an adult registration and a kids (12 and under) registration.
Adults: $40.00 – REGISTER NOW
Includes: Certificate of completion, race bib, Curtis McKenzie bobblehead and a ticket good for a Chicago Wolves home game
Kids 1K: $20.00 – REGISTER NOW
Includes: Race bib, Skates Mates Shirt (while supplies last), certificate of completion and a Skates Mates Rookie Membership
Dogs: $10 donation to charity – REGISTER NOW
Includes: Race bib and Rope Toy (while supplies last)
Team Donation: DONATE NOW
Want to support the Run With The Wolves Virtual 5K and Chicago Wolves Charities but would rather not trek the 5K? Choose your donation amount and your contribution will be added towards a team or make a general contribution!
Proceeds benefit Chicago Wolves Charities.
Friday, October 16, 2020 at 3 PM Central.
SUGGESTED RACING ROUTES
Not sure where to race? We’ve got you covered! We have included a couple suggested race routes around the Rosemont and Chicago area! We have included some paths that are longer than 3.1 miles, so feel free to pick a spot and start running! Extra bragging rights if you run for longer than the distance of 5 kilometers.
Fun Fact: Did you know that each lap around the Allstate Arena parking lot is 1 mile? That means only a little over 3 laps around the parking lot to complete for your 5K! Starting at the ticket office, make your way around the parking lot to start your race!
Want to get out and see the beauty that Chicagoland has to offer? Here are some of our favorite places to get out and move!
- Des Plaines River Trail – 31.4 miles
- Allstate Arena to Rosemont Jewel – 2 miles
- Paul Douglas Forest Preserve – 7.5 paved loop
- Popular Creek – Various options, including paved 8.9 mile loop (red trail). Or, combine unpaved brown and yellow trail for 6.3 miles
- Lincoln Park Zoo – 3.8 miles
- The Loop (Chicago Riverwalk) – 1.25 miles (2 1/2 laps to complete the 5K)
- Lakefront trail – 18.5 miles
- The 606 Trail – 2.7 miles
- Grant Park Main Path – 3 miles
- Chicago Riverwalk – 4 mile loop
RUN WITH THE WOLVES SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
Fans will also receive an exclusive Run with the Wolves 5K playlist including songs from Wolves games and players favorites!
Proceeds benefit Chicago Wolves Charities.