In advance of Military Appreciation Weekend on Nov. 9-10 at Allstate Arena, the Chicago Wolves are partnering with the Illinois Hires Heroes Consortium (IHHC), Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs (IDVA), Illinois Department of Employment Services (IDES) and ILSHRM Foundation to present the IHHC Veteran’s Expo prior to the game on Saturday, Oct. 26, versus the Manitoba Moose.The IHHC Veteran’s Expo is a casual hiring event with seminars and workshops designed by industry professionals to assist veterans, military and military spouses with workforce readiness guidance, opportunities and resources.
Attendees can talk directly to recruiters and hiring managers from local Illinois companies of all sizes with opportunities in the market — many of them members of the IHHC actively looking to fill these roles with members of the military.
If you are looking to attend the event,
If you are looking to partner with the IHHC to purchase a table for your organization or to help underwrite the event, email Veterans@ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
IHHC Veteran Expo Details:
- 1:30 p.m. – Doors Open
- 1:45 p.m. – Opening Ceremonies and Remarks
- 2 p.m. – IHHC Veteran’s Expo Opens
- 5:30 p.m. – Event Ends
Seminars / Speakers
- 2:00 p.m. “How to Network” presented by National Able Network
- 3:00 p.m. “Tips and Tricks for LinkedIn” presented by National Able Network
- 4:00 p.m. “Veterans At Work” presented by IL SHRM – Nancy Conway, SHRM Field Director
- 5:00 p.m. Veteran Panel Round Table and Q&A
- Resume and LinkedIn Review by IL SHRM professionals throughout the day
- 7 p.m. – Chicago Wolves vs. Manitoba Moose
Limited Availability. All eligible attendees must register in advance and are eligible to receive two (2) free tickets for the 10/26 game. For Active, Reserve and Veteran Military Families Only – May be required to show military identification at Will Call.
2019 Participating Organizations Include: